If you feel your face is a little fuller than you’d like, you’re not alone. We’re not going to paint a pretty picture and promise you an easy solution, because “stain reduction” unfortunately doesn’t exist. There is no particular way to lose fat on your face or focus on losing weight on a specific part of your body. Instead, you will need to reduce your overall weight. We’re here to show you how to lose face fat: the most effective diet and exercise tips, according to the pros.
We contacted the experts and learned that the first steps you need to take are to maintain a low-calorie diet and increase the amount of exercise you do each day. A healthy diet is crucial, along with a combination of aerobic exercise and strength training to burn the highest calories for every hour of training. Up to a low calorie diet? Stick with plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins, and ditch foods that contain high levels of added sugars or carbohydrates. Let’s move on to more specific habits to add to your routine.
1. Watch your sodium intake.
Mike Bohl, MD, MPH, ALM, director of medical content and education at Ro and a member of our Medical Expert Council, suggests one specific step when trying to lose face fat, and that’s keeping track of how much sodium you’re eating. you consume. He explains: “Sodium, which is found in salt, retains water, which can make people puffy and bloated. Often these puffiness is noticeable on the face. So while you may not necessarily lose face fat, sticking to a low-sodium diet can help make your face look slimmer and slimmer Adults are generally recommended to consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium per day (less than 1,500 mg of sodium per day being an even better goal).
2. Choose fat-burning foods that you stick with.
It is important to watch what you eat. “A buzzword that sometimes comes up when talking about diet is ‘negative calorie foods’. These are foods that are supposed to burn more calories to digest than they actually contain, so by eating, you literally have negative calories,” Dr. Bohl points out. He adds, “The science regarding the actual existence of negative calorie foods, however, is not that solid. What’s more likely is that these types of foods are very low in calories and high in water, so you’re not really getting negative calories from them, but you’re also not increasing in any way significantly your calorie count for the day.”
Examples of “negative calorie” foods on the list are carrots, celery, carrots, watermelon, lettuce, cucumbers, and some fruits. Including foods like these in your diet, while sticking to a calorie deficit and maintaining a consistent diet of mostly plant-based foods, can be effective in losing fat all over your body, including your stomach. facial fat.
3. Combine resistance training and cardio.
Anthony J. Yeung, CSCS, fitness expert and founder of GroomBuilder, shares some workout tips on how to get a slimmer body and face. He recommends combining resistance training with your cardio each week; don’t just focus on cardio.
Yeung suggests, “Do resistance training two to three times a week and cardio two to three times a week. Eat healthy 80 percent of the time and you can splurge the other 20 percent.” By following this routine, you will not only burn fat and calories, but you will also strengthen the muscles underneath, which will make you much leaner.
Yeung also stresses the importance of staying away from “junk food” that contains processed ingredients. These snacks will not only add extra body fat, but they can also make your face puffy.
Alexa is the associate editor of Eat This, Not That!’s Mind + Body, overseeing the M+B channel and bringing readers compelling stories about fitness, wellness and self-care. Learn more about Alexa
#effective #tips #losing #face #fat #doctor #trainer