Eating right, getting tight with these whole wheat oatmeal raisin muffins.
These whole wheat oatmeal raisin muffins are the perfect solution to the everyday question, “What’s for breakfast?”. The wholesome and healthy ingredients within these oatmeal raisin muffins make this recipe the right choice for a family that is on the go. Homemade muffins have an edge over prepackaged muffins for a variety of reasons. Preservatives and refined sugars within processed muffins do not always bode well within the human body. The plastics and cardboard used in order to sufficiently prepackage individual portion sizes of muffins are also extremely wasteful. Inherent manufacturing “flaws” within food packaging lead to excess wastes in garbage landfills. Senseless shopping for a quick morning fix such as prepackaged store-bought muffins can lead a customer towards an unsatisfactory lifestyle choice, down the road of excess waste and waist.
Appearance is not always what it seems:
An eager child could easily be attracted to the appeal of a box on a grocery store shelf due to the aesthetic appeal of the packaging. Unfortunately, certain eye-catching advertisement effects on or within packaging could make responsible recycling tricky. For effortless recycling tips, check out the latest recycling guide from Earth911 and start separating out food packaging appropriately today.
A healthy dose of these oatmeal raisin muffins a day will completely change your life.
- 3/4 c. raisins
- 1 1/4 c. oats
- 1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg (or store bought vegan alternative)
- 1/2 c. raw coconut sugar
- 1/2 c. buttermilk (or homemade vegan alternative)
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Reduce, reuse, recycle, and gain an enlightened viewpoint on how one family’s love can change the world.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray to allow for less paper waste from muffin lining. (Alternatively one can use recycled cupcake liners.)
- Measure out dry ingredients and applesauce and combine in a large mixing bowl.
- Measure all wet ingredients out and whisk together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dough is moist.
- Mix in raisins, distributing them evenly.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups on the tray.
- Bake whole wheat oatmeal raisin muffins 16 minutes (until golden).
These whole wheat oatmeal raisin muffins are baked to perfection.
Eat intelligently and feel good inside and out.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
Just as the human body is a temple for the Lord, the Earth is the body for the souls who walk upon it. Each unique entity on Earth has been granted the gift of life on this enchanting green and blue planet. Using the intelligence and love bestowed upon human beings from their heavenly hosts, seek change and make a difference in this world.
Relish this tasty whole wheat oatmeal raisin muffin recipe, and rejoice in the infinite wisdom of friends, family, and neighbors who love and respect our God’s nature, animals, humans and world.