Sink your teeth into a moist morning muffin with this recipe from Travel Animal Doctor.
Nothing says breakfast like a fresh and wholesome blueberry muffin. If you are busy or on the go, grabbing a muffin off the counter to take to work is a quick and easy homemade fix. There are many recipes out there for blueberry muffins. From a health foods standpoint, this recipe utilizes ingredients that are necessary for the body without being concerned about preservatives from pre-packaged muffins found at the local grocery store. Alternatively, one can make these whole wheat oatmeal blueberry muffins alongside a light lunch or a hearty meal in the evening.
Only the healthiest of dry ingredients are needed for these whole wheat oatmeal blueberry muffins.
- 1 1/4 c. oats
- 1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 c. freeze dried or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 c. brown sugar (or raw coconut sugar)
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Line a 12 c. muffin pan with paper or tin muffin lining. (Alternatively one can use cooking spray with no lining.)
- Measure all dry ingredients out (except for blueberries) and combine in a large mixing bowl.
- Add applesauce into the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Measure all wet ingredients out and whisk together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dough is moist.
- Mix blueberries in, distributing the berries evenly within the muffins.
- Evenly distribute the muffin cups in the muffin tray.
- Bake whole wheat oatmeal blueberry muffins 16-18 minutes.
Rid your household of hunger one muffin at a time.
On a grander scale, you can make muffins in preparation for care packages to loved ones overseas. These muffins are sure to make one lucky soldiers’ day. Regardless of how many other muffin recipes are out there, these ones top the cake in nutritional value. Oatmeal offers a necessary source of fiber which will allow for lower cholesterol levels and a lower risk of heart disease. Oatmeal is also rich in vitamins significant to a vegetarian’s diet, as it is an ample source of magnesium, and iron. The whole wheat flour offers a larger resource of nutrients than that of white flour, and the applesauce and blueberries offer rich value as natural sweeteners to these whole wheat blueberry muffins. The avocado oil is a fatty acid that is healthy for the heart and the bones.
An Easter celebration is a magnanimous event whereby families and friends can gather and feast, and reminisce about the days gone by. As adults reenact or narrate a bible story, children can eagerly listen and be amazed by the magical disappearance and reappearance of Jesus Christ. Young adults then help to prepare the meal while enjoying conversations about their jobs, letting go of petty annoyances to enjoy one another’s company. As years go by, adults round up their kids in order to make every effort possible to reunite at their parent’s house in order to celebrate Easter together. As minutes turn into hours, and hours turn into day, and days turn into years, the elderly wonder how quick time flies when they are having fun. They again reunite with their loved ones in heaven who have prepared a feast of their own.