If you are looking for a snack to go along with your favorite afternoon tea (my personal preference being the Mayan chocolate truffle black tea), look no further than the Three Ingredient Phyllo Berry Bites.
These bitty bites are perfect for a crisp and healthy snack. The brie and berry phyllo bites are a quick and easy snack that takes 20-30 minutes to cook and can be topped with any variety of berries.
The phyllo wraps are delicate to use and require soft handling to prevent tearing of individual phyllo sheets.
Preheat: 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Baking Time: 7-8 minutes
- Unroll the phyllo dough and lightly brush melted butter across the top of a sheet. Put a spoonful of brie in the center of each sheet.
- Place a triad of berries in the center of the brie.
- Place the cookie sheet of Three Ingredient Phyllo Berry Bites into the oven for 7-8 minutes.
- The phyllo dough should be crisp with edges that are lightly golden.
- If preferred, powdered sugar can be added to the edges of the bites for a sweeter taste.
The above photograph depicts phyllo wrapped jalapeno poppers alongside of the Three Ingredient Phyllo Berry Bites.
As a convenient alternative, a cookie sheet proved to be just as useful as a cupcake pan otherwise could have been to shape these phyllo berry bites to perfection. Warm and fresh out of the oven, these brie berry snacks put a smile on my face.
A few phyllo berry bites proved to hit the spot during my afternoon study break. These hors d’oeuvres, along with the phyllo wrapped jalapeno poppers, filled me to perfection. The blueberries gave my taste buds just the punch of sweetness that I desire. I look forward to making these again, sprinkled with a splash of powdered sugar around the edges.