These spicy phyllo jalapeno poppers have just the right heat to make your ears smoke. If you are looking for an appetizer to make your tongue roast, these jalapeno poppers may be just the thing you need.
- 24 halved jalapenos
- 3 oz Goat cheese
- 8 TBS cream cheese
- 2 pinches of thyme
- 4 TBS red pepper
- 2 TBS basil
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- cooking spray
2 halves/24 people
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Stir the cheeses and spices together in a mixing bowl until smooth
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the center of the spicy phyllo jalapeno popper
- Dampen the phyllo dough and wrap the filled jalapeno halves up
- Brush olive oil on the phyllo dough
- Cut the dough in halves and wrap around each jalapeno half
- Place poppers on a baking sheet wrapped in tin foil
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes
- Let cool, and ENJOY your Spiced Phyllo Jalapeno Poppers
These spicy jalapeno poppers are packing some heat. With the combination of the basil and the red peppers in the cheese, the fiery sensation of the poppers bring me to my knees.
The phyllo dough makes the jalapeno taste healthier than the average fried and breaded poppers I normally indulge in. If I had to choose what type of jalapeno popper recipe tastes better to me, my preference would be the phyllo dough jalapeno bites every time. Not only do they taste crisper, but they also have more of a kick.
The garlic dip cools the taste of the poppers down in my mouth. This spicy appetizer is an all time hit for heatseeking fans like my family.