It is Animal Cruelty Prevention Month and as such I wanted to increase awareness of animal cruelty prevention groups. -Travel Animal Doctor
“Go Orange” with me this month and raise awareness to protect animals against animal cruelty.
The ASPCA is running many campaigns to protect animals.
- To access these campaigns, visit their home website and click on the “Fight Cruelty” tab.
- Another campaign is #OpentheBarns to promote food safety, workers’ rights and protection of animals in agriculture.
- ASPCA also has many more ideas to “Go Orange” this month on their website.
HumaneSociety.Org has up-to-date news on animal welfare.
- A few new articles include the recent establishment of animal welfare awareness in Hilton hotels and Dunkin Donut’s.
- Hilton hotel chains and Dunkin’ Donuts are using gestation crate-free pork and cage-free eggs in their supply chain in upcoming years.
- Hilton Hotels are also banning the sale of shark fin on their properties.
The HumaneSociety.Org website brings attention to the protection of all animals including pets, wildlife and farm animals.
- Pet-Abuse.Com covers an abundance of services that allows an individual to find animal abuse cases in the searched location.
- To date, 19,448 cases have been reported in the database.
- By being aware of the abuse cases in your neighborhood or the place you are traveling to with your pet, you can keep your pet safe.
- According to Society & Animals, 71% of battered women entering shelters have had their household pet threatened or harmed while 32% reported their children harmed animals.
- The American Humane Association has a fact sheet with ways that advocates can work to prevent child, women and animal abuse.
- Among ideas suggested by AmericanHumane.Org, include the use of local veterinarians, SPCA, humane society and animal control agency groups to foster pets belonging to battered women.
- Furthermore, you can report animal abuse on the internet by contacting the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Go here for more information on how to stop this abuse.
Go no further than The Environment Directory at WebDirectory.Com to get foundations and groups at your fingertips.
These websites are only a few of many with great resources that share and fight against injustices daily to protect the earth’s animals from cruelty.
Play a crucial part in Animal Cruelty Prevention Month by spreading the word and raising awareness today.
- Get involved and “Go Orange” to support ASPCA for Animal Cruelty Prevention Month.
- Visit here to learn more ideas from the ASPCA on how to “Go Orange” this month.
- Join Twibbon to promote your orange ribbon on social media all month long.
- Start locally and make a difference in the campaign to prevent animal cruelty and domestic violence today.
Did you like this article? If so, you may also like to read, “Prevent My Pet from Hit By Car Trauma” or one of my other articles on hit by car trauma. Since it is also National Pet First Aid Awareness Month, I will be sharing tips on first aid all month long. Ever wonder why you need to keep your pet up-to-date on his or her monthly preventatives?