Before this moment sipping a piña colada out of a coconut seemed more appropriately viewed in a Hollywood production than in your right hand.
Feeling the breeze blow the bottom string of your bikini top ever so gently on the small of your back, you will reach back to make sure it is still secure.
- The waterfall will summon you, and in two seconds the rest of the world will disappear.
- Swimming under the waterfall a secluded heated pool appears on the other side.
- The warm jet will caress your skin as you close your eyes and your body relaxes to the soothing sound of the rushing water.
- Off the beaten path, yet still close to the native culture, this convenient, accommodating and affordable resort is just the place to kick up your weathered heels.
Location, Location, Location
- The Midas Resort is opportunely located 1.5 kilometers or a little less than 1 mile away from the Green Iguana Conservation Project, the #1 activity in San Ignacio, Belize on Trip Advisor.
- A 5-10 minute walk will bring you to the center of town where you can eat authentic Belizean cuisine and shop from an array of unique stores and street vendors.
- For as little as $36 a night, you can receive keys to your personal thatched roof bungalow with crisp air conditioning and ceiling fans that instantaneously dissipate the overwhelming rainforest heat.
- Bordering the stone walkway to your cabana are fragrant tropical flowers and palm trees.
- Begin the morning planning the day on the dining room resort wi-fi, with a freshly prepared all-inclusive breakfast that includes many vegetarian menu options.
- Pay $8 to have the gracious staff clean a load of laundry while you are watching the national bird, the Keel-billed Toucan, soar to the scattered forest edge in your backyard.
- Friendly green iguanas greet you at your hammocks as they scurry across your porch steps.
- After returning from a day tour to the Mayan Ruins, get wi-fi at the Midas bar, relax by the pool and cultivate friendships with fellow budget travelers.
A True Escape
- The hospitality at the Midas Resort will make you feel at home.
- A home where for a reasonable price your laundry is fresh, your breakfast is satisfying and the swelling scenery of bright tropical flora and vibrant fauna will make you realize you are not in Kansas anymore.
- As the sultry tropical heat is stifled by satisfyingly cool pool water and that cold drink in your hand you think to yourself, this is the life and this is MY life.
- When you retire to the hammock on the porch of your cabana, you look at your luscious surroundings and realize you have made a true escape.